The Internet has fundamentally transformed the way in which people locate, discover, share, shop, & connect. For a business owner, reaching consumers has transformed dramatically. A successful business needs to understand the best way to reach its customers online in order to expand.
Some key stats that can’t be ignored:
- More than 50 percent of all People in america and more than ¾ of all US adults are on the internet.
- 1 / 3 of United States shoppers invest a minimum of 3 hours on the Internet every single day.
Many of the things all of us used to do offline, like product or services research we now do online. Internet Marketing is changing significantly! There’s a switch from interruption “outbound” marketing (publications ads, billboards, newspaper ads) to “inbound” marketing which is based on attracting customers through content involvement. Inbound marketing consists of tactics such as search engine optimization (SEO), blogging, social media marketing, website lead generation and lead nurturing. In light of changes to how people shop and make purchase decisions, these methods are more effective compared to conventional forms of marketing. How marketers are spending to attract buyers is telling.
Important shifts in marketing:
• Marketers are shifting their budgets out of “interruption” advertising.
• 61% of marketers will commit more in earned media in 2011
• More than half of marketing experts enhanced their inbound marketing budget in 2011.
• The average budget allocated to company blogs & social media has nearly doubled in two years.
Interested in how to market your business online? Download this eBook and get the absolute essential guide to online marketing in today's environment: